Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday Presents

I finally got pictures of Halie's birthday presents. I knew she would love having her own table and chairs and I kept searching and watching for the right set. We found a similar set at Bed Bath and Beyond that we were going to get that was $35 and it came with 2 chairs, but by the time we got around to actually purchasing it they were sold out! So I had to start searching again. I found this set on Craigslist for $20 and it came with 4 chairs (the green one is hidden under the quilt). She LOVES it. The first day I brought it home I didn't have to do anything with her the entire afternoon and evening, she entertained herself completely with the table and chairs for hours! It will also come in handy when we have guests over for dinner who have children as our dinner table isn't very big.


Her other present was unplanned. I have wanted one of these swings for her for a long time, but I'm too cheap to pay $25 at Wal-mart so I've been keeping an eye out at yard sales, thrift stores, and Craigslist. When I went to Ft. Myers to buy the table and chairs I decided to make the most of the hour trip and stopped in a huge thrift store that was on the same road. I found this swing in perfect condition for $3! She LOVES it too, probably even more than her table and chairs!









Our huge Oak tree is just perfect for it and Robert's dad had some extra rope so we didn't have to buy any. : )

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...