Sorry about the blurriness, I tried cropping the picture so you could see them better. Anyways, they had red mattes and black and white pictures that Robert and I had taken. They were super cute, but alas, red no longer matches and she's no longer a baby, so I wanted to update the babyish pictures.
So one night while Robert was at school (the same night I painted her lamp) I got them out and painted (yes painted) the mattes pink. I figured, why go buy new ones when I could just paint them? I already had the paint mixed up for the lamp so I just used what was left and did these too. Then they sat next to my messy (creatively disorganized) scrapbooking armoire for about a week waiting on me to be struck with inspiration. I searched through my stash of paper, but had nothing that was calling out to me. I knew in my head what I wanted to do, but my paper stash wasn't cuttin' it. So, on my trip to Hobby Lobby to buy the trim for her lamp, I perused (walked up and down about 50 times) the scrapbook paper aisle until I found the combo I wanted.
Then the paper sat on top of the frames (next to my creatively disorganized armoire) for another few days. Finally, this weekend I'd had enough of walking past them and decided to "git r dun!" So I dusted off my Cricut and set to work.
This is what I came up with.
It doesn't show up well in the pictures, but the pink paper on the words is actually polka dotted paper. It looks kinda plain in the photos, but looks cuter in person.
Robert hung them up for me, but then I decided the top of the toy organizer looked too bare and needed some height.