Thursday, November 15, 2012

Creation Studies ~ Day 6

Day 6 - God created man and land animals.


Here's their number picture for the week.


I printed off these masks for them to color (I helped Burl out with his) and even printed one for me and we played "zoo."


Our cooking project for the week was pancakes.  They did a great job of helping me make the batter and stood nearby and watched me cook them.


Halie made a girl face.


And Burl made a "moo-nkey."


Burl's color that he was learning that week was purple.  Each week, for each new color, we would take a basket and go through the house collecting things of that color and then he'd bring them back to the table and play with them while Halie was working on her stuff.  This is his purple collection. (The other side of the letter block was purple.)  : )


Another really fun thing we did that week was to visit a dairy farm.  Our babysitter works on one and she got permission for us to come and take a tour.  Halie was in love with this little kitten that was following us everywhere.


Burl checking out the milk tank.


Halie sitting in the combine.


Burl was a little scared of being that high up on the combine so I took his picture back down on the ground next to the wheel instead.


Halie even got to feed this little calf from a bottle.


In the milking room.


Up close and personal.  : )  I don't think those heifers quite knew what to think of such little people.


Halie climbed right up in the hay loft without even a hesitation.


Peeking down at me from the hayloft.



I took a short little video clip of them.  Burl was funny, he liked the cows as long as they weren't trying to come too close to him.  If they did, he would say "they get me" or in the video you'll hear him say "they peepin' at me."  : )  You can see that video {HERE}.


Kerri, our sweet babysitter, who was so nice to let us come and give us a tour.  Thank you Kerri!

The kids and I really enjoyed doing that and it was neat for Halie to see where our milk comes from.

Stay tuned for Day 7 and our big finale presentation!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...