Thursday, October 28, 2010

Old Faithful Soon to be Retired

So this is the comforter set that Robert and I have had for our entire marriage. The throw pillow collection has changed over the years, but the comforter has been a constant. It was the only one we could agree on back then and I have loved it. It has lasted and served us well for 8.5 years. But alas.......I believe it's time has come.










It works out well that it's becoming full of snags, holes, and worn areas because I was ready for something new anyways (and no, I didn't put those holes there on purpose just so I could redecorate, lol!).

I've come across a few pictures in the past year or so that are along the lines of what I'd like to do. I like a few of the elements in all of these pictures, and they are the inspiration for a bedroom makeover. I'm going for a sort of simple cottage type feel with lots of white and touches of red, with a mixture of patterns to soften it up.




(I love the curtains in this one!)








I'm excited because the other day at Home Goods I found my first two pieces to help me get started.



I'll let ya know how it all turns out. : )

1 comment:

  1. I bought a new WHITE quilt when we moved to our new home...I've always wanted white, but not sure with hubby/kids, but I LOVE IT! I'm so glad I went with what I wanted and it was on sale :)
    Can't wait to see what you do - your decor always looks nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...