Sunday, August 7, 2011

4th of July


This year for Independence Day, Robert was sweet enough to help me carry the table outside in the shade of our big tree in the back yard.  I decorated it using items I already had in my kitchen.  The only "new" thing was the checkered tablecloth that I had bought for $1 at a yard sale a couple of weekends before.



Cantrell and Cochran soda can
 I just used a mixed and matched selection of our everyday dishes.


I think it turned out adorably cozy and I, for one, enjoyed the red, white, and blue decor.


Little Munchkie only stuck around long enough for pictures, then he went to take his nap.  : )



We call this his Stevie Wonder look.  It's quite hilarious.


Robert grilled some DEE-liscious ribeyes, and I made corn on the cob and fried potatoes to go with it.  (And of course, Sweet Tea was a must!)


Halie enjoyed some play time on her new swing set, courtesy of Meemaw and Papaw Cantrell. 
(Thank you guys!!)



After a yummy lunch and naps all around we headed over to a local park for the festivities being held there.  They had free rides, and different kinds of activities, followed up by fireworks.



Halie LOVED this huge slide.  Unfortunately the line was SO long she didn't get to do it a 2nd time.  Next year we'll try going a little earlier in the day and maybe it won't be quite so busy.



She's just like her Mama, LOVES just about any kind of ride.


Me and my buddy.


Sitting in the back of the truck waiting for the fireworks to start.


I could not even believe this child was still awake and happy at 10:00pm!  I thought he'd konk out way before that, but he was still going strong, and as happy as could be.


It took her a couple of minutes to get used to the loudness of the fireworks, but once she adjusted, she LOVED them!  This was her first time to see them in real life.



We all had a very fun day, and are looking forward to it again next year, especially Halie.  A couple of days later at lunch time she prayed, ".....and Dear Jesus, please help 'Force o' July' to come back soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...