Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Randomness from July

I realized that I had a lot of pictures from July that weren't anything specific necessarily, so I've just lumped them all together for your viewing enjoyment.

A pretty new dress from Meemaw and Papaw Cantrell (and new
sandals that matched perfectly, found on sale at Payless for $3!!)


His hair never knows if it wants to stick up or lay down.  : )




 Our church had it's VBS in July, and they did a "Gold Rush" cowboy/western theme.  All of the scenery was handpainted by Sherry Mims (and helpers) and it all turned out superbly cute!


Robert let them use his saddle as part of the scenery, and it was also
the prop for the individual photos you'll see later.


Each night they did a segment of the skit, and the kids found it hilariously funny.  Ok, so did the adults.




Part of my job was to go around to each activity and take pictures of the kids in action.  Then the next night we ran a slide show for them to watch as they were waiting for things to start.  Burl tagged along in the stroller while I did my thing.



Halie and her friend Olivia



Robert was able to come one evening and he took care of Burl for me while I took pictures.  Here he was having fun with Daddy's hat.



Getting ready for craft time!

A lady in our church is a photographer and she brought her equipment and set up a little studio area and took a picture of each child sitting on Robert's saddle.  They put them in cute little frames that matched the theme, and on the last night of VBS they gave them out to each child.  Cute idea!


I hadn't even thought about Burl getting his picture done, or I would have dressed him more appropriately.  But someone was watching him for me while I ran the power point and they slipped him in for a picture.  He wasn't too thrilled with it.  : )  I still think it's an adorable picture.  You did a great job Wendy!


Halie had a BLAST and I'm sure she'll be excited for VBS again next year!


On another note, we love to play with Burl's hair during bath time.  He loves the attention and all the laughs he gets because of it.  : )


One Sunday morning none of us were feeling well and we all stayed home from church.  Robert watched the kids for me while I went back to bed for some extra healing sleep.

This is what happens when Daddy's given free reign while Mommy sleeps.  : )


The two of them had a good time being silly and playing dress up.  Apparantly Robert was lookin' quite silly too, but mysteriously there are no pictures to prove it.  Imagine that.  : )


So there ya go!  Now that pretty much fills in the gaps of July.  I still need to do a post about our trip to the Columbus Zoo and then July will be finished up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I love to hear your feedback!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...